Thursday, December 10, 2009

Surgery day was




December 8 , went over about 7 am in my tears cause you know Ive been crying for days here. I was fully expecting to be okay be healed before Dec 8. Truely I thought this was going to be okay
before I had surgery. hummmmmm And never would need Knee surgery Okay so it never went away and I did have the surgery.
Jerry and I drove over and we sat filled out a few forms. I wore a Dress they said to be loose -loose underwear and clothes People were in there with there Pjs on thats to loose fer me.
And then they called me. I thought okay I either leave now with the pain and knee click that stabs me and makes me want to fall or I go forward. Cant live like that so ,,,, I followed the nurse in and did what I was told.
********I'll cont when I can sit up again the rest to follow.********
Okay I'm back after that went to change in to the operation garb. Blue Paper hat , shoes, cloth Dress with the ICU ( my butt) outfit. I had my Lucky penny with me Or maybe not Lucky just something that I came across a few days before I found it on the floor and picked it up and read it " In God we Trust" This was the 1st time I actually felt calm in a while regarding the Upcoming surgery. I should have taped it to me. Cause there are no pockets. LOL
I caried the Phrase in with me. Ahhhhh its so cold in this place I thought I was gonna pass out. So she put some warmed up blankets on me. They hooked me up with the IV She the Nurse was so gentle her name was Mame and the anesthesiologist, came by to give me something to calm my nerves But I really wasn't Nerves. Just Freakin scared.
I had put it all in to Gods Hands. So what ever he gave me didnt effect me.lol
About maybe an hr later I walked to the Operation room Oh My Gosh If I thought I was cold before Crimany My teeth were chattering uncontrolably . I couldnt stop I felt almost insane for that moment. So I layed down and I guess they put me out. I think the whole thing took less that an 1 1/2hrs .I remember being spoken to. It was pretty scarey. the whole process of being put to sleep scares the heck out of me. So shes talking to me I feel nothing my leg all bandaged up like a huge basket ball at least thats how it looked to me. I had to wait for Jerry to pick me up he was working. It was okay I met some nice people while laying there. One guy came out of surgery and he was fwailing saying where am I, he was so angry. He was a nice guy with Monkey Pjs at
7 am then he was insane after hes surgery I thought oh my God if he comes over here.
Everybody ran over to help the Dr who was holding him down it sounded like. When they finally brought him over he was still saying where am I , Wheres my wife?. Later he said are you guys kidding me? We all said Nope hahahahah He was so embarrassed. His wife said she could hear him in the waiting room.
I could smell food really good food. The Nurse mentioned to another nurse that they had food brought in courtesy of the P. A that was nice for them. She brought me 3 Grandpa Crackers and a little dixie cup of water not full Well I wolfed that down. Just kidding.
I thought I have to go to the Bathroom Oh my gosh . She said okay you can go ahead I think I went in to shock I thought there is no way I can do that. Well, She was insisting that I could so I did I was crying the whole time with out the bars in the Bathroom I never would have made it. Jerry, came in , I felt safe again. they wheeled me out and to the car.
I'll tell you Knee surgery isnt for wimps. I knew it was gonna be really ruff but not this much of ruffness. Glad that part is over. Now just recouping Its been a painful and humiliating process the whole thing, and having to rely on my husband for everything. All who know me know this is not me I take care of Jerry our office and others not the other way around. Now I wait for the Dr.s okay to go to physical therapy. I hope to be good as new back to pre Sept 28th 2009.
January 5 I will go back to check in.
The photos were taken I think a few weeks after surgery.My knee was swollen . This was Arthroscopic Knee Surgery. weeks after this my whole leg was a bruise really I thought should I take a photo of this. Then I thought I dont want to remember how scarey it looked so I didnt. But it was down to my toes Amazing.

1 comment:

Susan Shintaku said...

Hey Ryan O!
So how are you? I hope you are getting around better. I miss you! Hope to see you soon.

Happy New Year!
xoxo

Susan