Saturday, August 7, 2010

Wheres the Butter?


Okay this week was a painful/Stiff Knee week dont know why but it was. Getting over a few things that have no bizzzzness in my thoughts. I had a friend call Late last night in talking with her I felt better So thanks TM . It was a great suprize to hear from you.
Friday early in the day im cleaning up a drawer I came across something my parents made and gave us girls when we were young , a long time ago. A stainless steel roller pin. My Mother loves the way they rolled out a flour tortilla. I thought I need to conquer my fear of making these "Flour tortillas". How did this Become the "Holy Grail". My Sisters Lyb and Sonia make these why havent I?
So this morning I decided this is the day. Remember with my leg still in the forest gump brace and my walker. That would have been a good photo opt. lol
Here they are. A little square my mother might say as hers are always perfectly round. Her mother always insisted that any other shape was not a good tortilla and should be remade. But for me I was delighted they rolled out easy & came out really yummy. I gathered them on the table
( MISTAKE) Jerry was in the kitchen making my ice coffee. When I left the kitchen to go get my camera I hear Jerry saying "Sweetheart wheres the butter" ??? ahhhhhhhhhhh I said WAIT !!!!! The top one is gone from the plate Jerry ate it with no butter. But it was my first one I wanted to get a photo of it hahahaha we just laughed.
They were gone lickitty split. See Jerrys arm there on the bottom of the photo? He was ready for #2. Made breakfast tacos. Serious yummy. A Texas Treat.
When I was a young girl My mother bought me a rolling pin Plastic Pink and orange handles it had a raised paisley flower with leaves so when I rolled out my tortillas they would have the pattern. My mother would say your making spaceships and Stars, There supoose to be like the Moon. Then we would giggle . I remember that just this morning It was a lovely memory for me.

2 comments:

Susan Shintaku said...

Those look super yummy! Gimmee! hee hee

Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Alright you promised to send me the directions....where are they my mouth is drooling