A
year ago today August 30, was the last time we spoke. Who knew those last words
would play in my head over and over again. Who knew that day you would wind up
in the Hospital. You called me I was doing the Taxes Just like I am today, I
called 911, they took you .I said Dad wait for me in the hospital Lobby I’m
coming to get you and Mom after the Dr. checks you out. To take you home. I
will be there. Got there only to find out you weren’t coming home that, they
were going to transfer you over to another Hospital. We followed you I was so
glad that you could see my car, and we could wave from time to time. The
Ambulance pulled to the right on the road and stopped on the desert Hwy to get
something out of the storage area for you. When they Pulled away I saw the
roads Sign Philips road a big yellow sign with the cross on it, Signifying the
cross roads. I thought oh look they stopped on Philips rd. ( my dads Name ) I
suddenly got an ache in my belly but kept it to myself.
I think of you I
feel I can see you through mirrors or glass walls hallways like being in a fun
house. Like your just that close but I can’t touch you or hug you or kiss you
like I did that last week you were here close to us.You left on Sat Sept 3,
early evening. You waited to be alone with mom to leave. You Squeezed her hand
whispered “ I love you” gave her a kiss then you were gone. I miss you
Thursday, August 30, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment